The information contained in this sample is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. You should not act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in this site without seeking legal or other professional advice. The contents of this post contain general information and may not reflect current legal developments or address your situation. We disclaim all liability for actions you take or fail to take based on any content on this site.
This sample has been provided in conjunction with Meyerdirk Consulting. MeyerdirkConsulting.com
SECURITY AGREEMENT FOR XYZ CORPORATION
THIS SECURITY AGREEMENT (the “Security Agreement”) is entered into as of ___________, 20__, by and between XYZ Corporation, an <State> corporation (the “Company”), and _______________________ (the “Secured Party”).
Company has borrowed funds and may borrow through subsequent advances additional funds, from Secured Party pursuant to a Convertible Promissory Note of even date herewith (the “Note”) the terms of which are incorporated herein by reference.
As security for its repayment obligations under the Note, Company has agreed to grant Secured Party a security interest in all of its assets on the terms set forth in this Security Agreement.
NOW, THEREFORE, to that end and in consideration of the premises, covenants and agreements set forth below, and the mutual benefits to be derived from this Security Agreement, and other good and valuable consideration, the parties hereto agree as follows:
- 1. Security Interest. To secure the “Obligation” (as defined below), Company hereby transfers, conveys, assigns, and grants to Secured Party a security interest in all of Company’s assets, which may include one or more of the following items (hereinafter, collectively, the “Collateral”):
- a. General Intangibles. All of Company’s General Intangibles, now existing or hereafter arising or acquired, together with the proceeds therefrom. As used herein, the term “General Intangibles” means all personal property (including things in action) other than goods, accounts, chattel paper, documents, instruments, and money, and includes, but is not limited to, business records, deposit accounts, inventions, intellectual property, designs, patents, patent applications, trademarks, trademark applications, trademark registrations, service marks, service mark applications, service mark registrations, trade names, goodwill, technology, knowhow, confidential information, trade secrets, customer lists, supplier lists, copyrights, copyright applications, copyright registrations, licenses, permits, franchises, tax refund claims, and any letters of credit, guarantee claims, security interests, or other security held by the Company to secure any “Accounts” (as hereinafter defined).
- b. Accounts (Including Accounts Receivable). All of Company’s Accounts, whether now existing or hereafter arising or acquired, together with the proceeds therefrom. As used herein, the term “Accounts” means any right of Company to receive payment from another person or entity, including payment for goods sold or leased, or for services rendered, no matter how evidenced or arising, and regardless of whether yet earned by performance. It includes, but is not limited to, accounts, accounts receivable, contract rights, contracts receivable, purchase orders, notes, drafts, acceptances, all rights to payment earned or unearned, and other forms of obligations and receivables.
- c. Inventory. All of Company’s Inventory, whether now owned or hereafter acquired, together with the products and proceeds therefrom and all packaging, manuals, and instructions related thereto. As used herein, the term “Inventory” means all goods, merchandise, and personal property held for sale or leased or furnished or to be furnished under contracts of service, and all raw materials, work in process, or materials used or consumed in Company’s business, wherever located and whether in the possession of Company, a warehouseman, a bailee, or any other person.
- d. Equipment. All of Company’s Equipment, now owned or hereafter acquired, together with the products and proceeds therefrom, and all substitutes and replacements therefor. As used herein, the term “Equipment” includes all equipment, machinery, tools, office equipment, supplies, furnishings, furniture, or other items used or useful, directly or indirectly, in Company’s business, all accessions, attachments, and other additions thereto, all parts used in connection therewith, all packaging, manuals, and instructions related thereto, and all leasehold or equitable interests therein.
- e. Fixtures. All of Company’s interest in and to all fixtures and furnishings, now owned or hereafter acquired, together with the products and proceeds therefrom, all substitutes and replacements therefor, all accessories, attachments, and other additions thereto, all tools, parts, and supplies used in connection therewith, and all packaging, manuals, and instructions related thereto, located on or attached to Company’s business premises located at: XYZ Corporation, ______________________________.
- f. Chattel Paper, Documents and Instruments. All of Company’s right, title, and interest in any chattel paper, documents, or instruments, now owned or hereafter acquired or arising, or now or hereafter coming into the possession, control, or custody of either Company or Secured Party, together with all proceeds therefrom. The terms “chattel paper,” “documents,” and “instruments” shall have those meanings ascribed to them in the <State> Uniform Commercial Code.
- 2. Obligation. This security interest is given as security for all indebtedness and obligations owed by Company to Secured Party, whether now existing or hereafter incurred, under this Security Agreement or the Note, together with all extensions, modifications, or renewals thereof (hereinafter referred to, collectively, as the “Obligation”).
- 3. Proceeds. As used in this Security Agreement, the term “proceeds” means all products of the Collateral and all additions and accessions to, replacements of, insurance or condemnation proceeds of, and documents covering any of the Collateral, all property received wholly or partly in trade or exchange for any of the Collateral, all leases of any of the Collateral, and all rents, revenues, issues, profits, and proceeds arising from the sale, lease, license, encumbrance, collection, or any other temporary or permanent disposition, of any of the Collateral or any interest therein.
- 4. Title; Filing. Company warrants that, except as previously disclosed in writing to Secured Party, it is the owner of the Collateral free and clear of all liens, claims, and encumbrances of whatever kind or nature. Company covenants that so long as any portion of the Obligation remains unpaid, Company will not execute or file a financing statement or security agreement covering the Collateral to anyone other than Secured Party, except in the ordinary course of business or as otherwise allowed. Company agrees to sign and deliver one or more financing statements or supplements thereto or other instruments as Secured Party may from time to time require in order to comply with the Uniform Commercial Code or other applicable law to preserve, protect and enforce the security interest of Secured Party and to pay all costs of filing such statements or instruments. In addition, the Secured Party shall have the right to promptly file a financing statement to perfect Secured Party’s interest in the Collateral.
- 5. Care of Collateral. Company will keep in effect all licenses, permits and franchises required by law or contract relating to Company’s business (if applicable), property, or the Collateral; maintain insurance on the Collateral; keep the Collateral in good repair and be responsible for any loss or damage to it; at all times warrant and defend Company’s ownership and possession of the Collateral keep the Collateral free from all liens, claims, encumbrances and security interests; pay when due all taxes, license fees, and other charges upon the Collateral or upon Company’s business, property or the income therefrom; and not misuse, conceal or in any way use or dispose of the Collateral unlawfully or contrary to the provisions of this Security Agreement or of any insurance coverage. Loss of, damage to, or un-collectability of the Collateral or any part thereof will not release Company from any of its obligations hereunder.
- 6. Default. A default hereunder will occur if any of the following events occur: (1) Company fails to pay any portion of the Obligation when due; (2) Company fails to perform any undertaking or materially breaches any warranty or covenant in this Security Agreement or the Note; (3) any statement, representation or warranty of Company under this Security Agreement or the Note is untrue in any material respect when made; (4) Company becomes insolvent or unable to pay debts as they mature or makes an assignment for the benefit of creditors or any proceeding is instituted by or against it alleging that it is insolvent or unable to pay its debts as they mature; (5) dissolution of Company; (6) an attachment, garnishment, execution or other process is issued or a lien filed against any property of Company, which is not removed within a reasonable period of time; and (7) Company transfers an interest in any of the Collateral contrary to the provisions of this Security Agreement without the prior written consent of Secured Party other than in the ordinary course of business. Waiver of any default will not constitute a waiver of any other or subsequent default.
- 7. Remedies. Upon the occurrence of any default hereunder at any time thereafter, all of the Obligation will, at the election of Secured Party and without notice of such election, or demand for payment, become immediately due and payable and Secured Party will have the remedies of a secured party under the <State> Uniform Commercial Code or other applicable law.
- 8. General. The wavier by Secured Party of any breach of any provision of this Security Agreement or warranty or representation herein set forth will not be construed as a waiver of any subsequent breach. The failure to exercise any right hereunder by Secured Party will not operate as a waiver of such night. All rights and remedies herein provided are cumulative. Company may not assign its nights or delegate its duties hereunder without Secured Party’s written consent. This Security Agreement may not be altered or amended except by a writing signed by all the parties hereto. This Security Agreement will be governed by and construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of <State>. Any provision hereof found to be invalid will not invalidate the remainder. All words used herein will be construed to be of such gender and number as the circumstances require. This Security Agreement binds Company, its successors and assigns, and inures to the benefit of Secured Party, its successors and assigns.
- 9. Notices. Any notice or other communication hereunder must be given in writing and either (i) delivered in person, (ii) transmitted by telefacsimile, provided that any notice so given is also mailed as provided in clause (iii), or (iii) mailed, postage prepaid, or by an overnight delivery service, as follows:
If to Company, addressed to:
- XYZ Corporation
If to Holder, addressed to:
- Attention: _________________
- Address: __________________
- Email: ___________________
- Phone No.: __________________
- Fax No.: ________________
- SSN or EIN #: _________________________
or to such other address or to such other person as any party shall have last designated such notice to the other parties. Each such notice or other communication shall be effective (i) if given by mail, three days after such communication is deposited in the mails with first class postage prepaid, addressed as aforesaid, (ii) if given by tele-facsimile, when transmitted to the applicable number so specified in (or pursuant to) this Section 9 provided that appropriate confirmation of receipt is generated by the tele-facsimile and a duplicate copy is mailed, postage prepaid, or (iii) if given by any other means, when actually delivered at such address.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Parties to this Agreement have executed the same on the date first written above.
SECURED PARTY: ______________________________.
THE COMPANY: XYZ CORPORATION, an <State> corporation
This sample has been provided in conjunction with Meyerdirk Consulting. MeyerdirkConsulting.com