Overview of Products & Services
Go Green Yoga Mats is an online based company created in August of 2008. That has set out to provide customers with eco-friendly yoga mats and products that help protect and keep the environment safe for generations to come. Gogreenyogamats.com does not sell any products containing more than 1% PVC. Why PVC is bad for our environment:
- PVC (polyvinyl chloride) plastic, commonly referred to as vinyl, is one of the most hazardous consumer products ever created.
- Most consumers do not know that a 3 in the recycle symbol indicates that the plastic is made of PVC. PVC cannot be effectively recycled due to the many different toxic additives used. One PVC bottle can contaminate a recycling batch of 100,000 bottles. Less than 1% of PVC is recycled!
- When produced or burned, PVC plastic releases dioxins, a group of the most potent synthetic chemicals ever tested, which can cause cancer and harm the immune and reproductive systems.
- Health risks include angiosarcoma of the liver, lung cancer, brain cancer, lymphomas, leukemia, and liver cirrhosis.
- Communities surrounding vinyl chloride facilities suffer from groundwater and air pollution.
- New car smell? New shower curtain smell? Thats the smell of poisonous chemicals off-gassing from the PVC. Our bodies are contaminated with poisonous chemicals released during the PVC lifecycle, such as mercury, dioxins, and phthalates, which may pose irreversible life-long health threats.
Go Green Yoga Mats provides people with yoga packages that are put together with the yoga user in mind. They set themselves apart from other companies with their unique packages and brand comparisons that other companies are not offering. Go Green Yoga Mats provides mats as package deals to save consumers money. Go Green Yoga Mats will provide fast, reliable, and quality products to consumers to help thembettertheir livesin the area of health and well-being.
Go Green Yoga Mats distributes Manduka and Jade Yoga products. Manduka and JadeYoga handle the inventory and shipping of the products through a drop-shipping program. Orders are sent to Manduka or Jade Yoga via e-mail, the order is placed and shipped to the customers location accordingly. We will create a pricing market that is equal to Manduka, JadeYoga, and our competitors.
How Go Green Yoga Mats products compare to the market.
|Average yoga mat||Jade||Manduka|
|Material||PVC/non-organic cotton||Natural Rubber||Natural Tree Rubber|
|Longevity||3-12 months||1-3 years||5-50 years|
|Made using ozone depleting substances?||Yes||No||No|
|Made from renewable resources?||No||Yes||Yes|
|Environmental causes||No*||Trees for the Future. Plants a tree for every mat sold.||No|
*While we cannot speak for all companies who make yoga mats, the majority of yoga mat producers/ distributors do not support environmental charities if they are not selling eco-friendly yoga mats.
Overview of Products and Services
|Go Green Yoga Mats||Gaiam||Barefoot Yoga||Yoga-Clothing.com|
|Yoga Clothing and other products||X||X|
|Mat and Accessories Packages||X||X||X|
|Suppliers||Jade; Manduka||Gaiam (own brand)||Manduka, Prana, own brand, +||Manduka; Hugger Mugger; Jade yoga +|
|Green Certification||Oeko-tex compliant||PEFC; Fair Trade||X|
|Mat Life||Jade: 1-3 yrs;Manduka: 5-50 yrs||Manduka: 5-50 yrs||Jade: 1-3 yrs;Manduka: 5-50 yrs|
|Cost||$9.99||Depends on Products||Based on the shipping option, zip code, and weight of package||$8.00, more depending on shipping method|
|ETA||2-5 Days||Up to customer: 2, 5-7, or 7-10||Up to customer: overnight, 2, 3, or 5-7||Up to customer: overnight, 2, or 5-10|
|Yoga Info on site||x||X|
|The Beginner Package|
Eko Lite Mat, MatSak (Small), Gravity & Grace DVD
|The Black Mat 85 Package|
Black Mat 85, eQua Towel (X-large), Cork Block, 10 Strap, MatSak (Large)
|The eKO 85 Package|
eKO Mat 85, eQua Towel (X-Large), Jo-Sha Mat Wipes, Cork Block, 10 Strap, MatSak (Large)
|The Prolite Deluxe Yogi Package|
Prolite Mat 71, eQua Towel (Large), Jo-Sha Mat Wipes, MatSak (Small) Stainless Steel Water Bottle, Gravity & Grace DVD/CD Set
|The Black Mat 71 Package|
Black Mat 71, eQua Towel (Large), Cork Block, 8 Strap, MatSak (Small)
Problems, Causes, Solutions and Benefits
Benefits to the Consumer
Go Green Yoga Mats Solutions
Product & Service Advantages
Our products have an advantage by uniquely and effectively meeting the needs of yoga and green enthusiasts.
Advantages of Our Products
|Jade mats last 1-3 years and Manduka mats last 5-50 years where an average yoga mats only last 3-12 months|
|Yoga mats come in a variety of sizes and thicknesses in order to suit the needs of any yoga enthusiast|
|Allow customers to easily get everything they need to start yoga|
|Green and eco-friendly products|
|Plenty of Green/Yoga information on the website|
|Company supports Off the Mat, Into the World and Trees for the Future|
How our products are green:
- The Prolite and Black Mat last longer and are less likely to end up in landfills
- Zero-toxic emissions released during production
- Environmentally certified by OEKO-TEX
- Made with biodegradable tree rubber
- Free of toxic plasticizers and foaming agents
Product Development Activities
We plan to expand our product line to include other green yoga related products. This may include training videos, clothing, and other yoga accessories.
Go Green Yoga Mats has set up a return policy for both damaged mats and when consumers change their minds. For damaged mats, Go Green Yoga Mats must be notified within 3 days of the consumer receiving the product or no refund/exchange will be possible.
Go Green Yoga Mats accepts returns or exchanges up to 30 days from the date of purchase. There is a $15.00 restocking fee for all non-defectiveGo Green Yoga Matsmerchandise that is returned out of the original packaging. In order to process a return/exchange, we must receive ALL of the following:
- Returned merchandise in clean condition
- Proof of purchase (i.e. sales receipt)
- Return Authorization Form