Product and Service Description
OVERVIEW OF PRODUCTS & SERVICES
Go Green Yoga Mats is an online based company created in August of 2008. The company provides customers with eco-friendly yoga mats and products that help keep the environment safe for generations to come. Gogreenyogamats.com does not sell any products containing more than 1% PVC.
Why PVC is bad for our environment:
- PVC (polyvinyl chloride) plastic, commonly referred to as vinyl, is one of the most hazardous consumer products ever created.
- Most consumers do not know that a 3 in the recycle symbol indicates that the plastic is made of PVC. PVC cannot be effectively recycled due to the many different toxic additives used. One PVC bottle can contaminate a recycling batch of 100,000 bottles. Less than 1% of PVC is recycled!
- When produced or burned, PVC plastic releases dioxins, a group of the most potent synthetic chemicals ever tested, which can cause cancer and harm the immune and reproductive systems.
- Health risks include angiosarcoma of the liver, lung cancer, brain cancer, lymphomas, leukemia, and liver cirrhosis.
- Communities surrounding vinyl chloride facilities suffer from groundwater and air pollution.
- New car smell? New shower curtain smell? That’s the smell of poisonous chemicals off-gassing from the PVC. Our bodies are contaminated with poisonous chemicals released during the PVC lifecycle, such as mercury, dioxins, and phthalates, which may pose irreversible life-long health threats.
Go Green Yoga Mats provides people with yoga packages that are put together with the yoga user in mind. They set themselves apart from other companies with their unique packages and brand comparisons that other companies are not offering. Go Green Yoga Mats provides mats as package deals to save consumers money. Furthermore, Go Green Yoga Mats provides fast and reliable delivery of its quality products to consumers to help them better their lives in the area of health and well-being.
Go Green Yoga Mats distributes Manduka and Jade Yoga products. Manduka and JadeYoga handle the inventory and shipping of the products through a drop-shipping program. Orders are sent to Manduka or Jade Yoga via e-mail where the orders are placed and shipped to the customer’s location accordingly. Go Green Yoga Mats pricing is equal to Manduka and JadeYoga and cheaper than most competitors.
The charts on the following pages portray Go Green Yoga Mats’ various packages and demonstrate how the company’s products compare to other products on the market.
Overview of Products and Services
Competitor Product Comparisons
*While we cannot speak for all companies who make yoga mats, the majority of yoga mat producers/ distributors do not support environmental charities if they are not selling eco-friendly yoga mats.
PROBLEMS, CAUSES, SOLUTIONS AND BENEFITS
PRODUCT & SERVICE ADVANTAGES
Go Green Yoga Mats’ products have an advantage by uniquely and effectively meeting the needs of yoga and “green” enthusiasts.
Advantages of Go Green Yoga Mats’ Products
What makes Go Green Yoga Mats’ products “green”?
- The Prolite and Black Mat last longer and are less likely to end up in landfills
- Zero-toxic emissions released during production
- Environmentally certified by OEKO-TEX
- Made with biodegradable tree rubber
- Free of toxic plasticizers and foaming agents
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITIES
Go Green Yoga Mats will expand its product line to include other green yoga related products. This will likely include training videos, clothing, and other yoga accessories.
Go Green Yoga Mats has set up a return policy for both damaged mats and when consumers change their minds. For damaged mats, Go Green Yoga Mats must be notified within 3 days of the consumer receiving the product or no refund/exchange will be provided.
Go Green Yoga Mats accepts returns or exchanges up to 30 days from the date of purchase. There is a $15.00 restocking fee for all non-defective Go Green Yoga Mats merchandise that is returned out of the original packaging. In order to process a return/exchange, we must receive ALL of the following:
- Returned merchandise in clean condition
- Proof of purchase (i.e. sales receipt)
- Return Authorization Form