Serial Entrepreneur and CEO of The Startup Garage Tyler Jensen speaks with Market Pulse on ESPN 1700 in San Diego. Tyler was invited to talk with Market Pulse for their weekly “Words of the Wise” segment. In this hour long interview Tyler talks about his first business, his journey in the launch, growth and sale of VaVi Sports and Social club, and how to avoid the mistakes he made as a first time entrepreneur.
- How he went from having nothing in his bank account to selling his first company for 125 times the initial investment.
- How, after having sold VaVi, a year spent on the beaches of San Diego led to the realization that helping other entrepreneurs was his passion.
- Why many people have great business ideas but going from the idea to a successful business is the challenge.
- The importance of matching the lifestyle you want to live with the company you want to start.
- Why having a business plan writer write from a place of personal experience is paramount.
Tyler also answers listeners’ questions on what it takes to write a business plan, the process of creating a business plan and how they’re priced.