Angel Investor Valuations Remain Strong
Angel investor median deal sizes increased as valuations remained strong in the first quarter of 2013. The majority of deals went to healthcare, mobile and internet startups. Highlights from angel investing in the last quarter include:
- The median angel deal size for Q1 2013 reached $680K – up 5% since last quarter and 24% since the same quarter last year.
- 81% of deals were completed in angel groups’ home states.
- Median pre-money valuations for angel deals remain unchanged from 2012 at $2.5M, dispelling the great ‘bubble myth.’
- Internet, healthcare and mobile dominated angel investment dollars, receiving over 72% of overall angel deal flow.
- The most active angel groups in Q1 included Alliance of Angels (CA), Desert Angels (MA) and Golden Seeds (NY).
All data thanks to CB Insights.