Now that you have a clearly defined mission and a set of guiding principles, it is time to start asking the business questions. How will your business work? How will it manage the tension between mission and margin?
Let’s start with the margin:
- What is your product or service?
- Who is your target market?
- How will you bring the product to market?
- Who are your suppliers?
- How will you determine the price of your products?
Now to consider the mission:
- How will you motivate your team with the dream of doing the impossible?
- How will you reward your staff and provide them with the opportunity to be heard?
- How will your staff be the spokespeople for your enterprise?
- How will you celebrate your social impact?
A social enterprise, Guayakí, uses the business model they call the Market-Driven-Restoration model. The business model links consumer purchases of the yerba mate products directly to the partner farming communities.
Powered by Facebook Comments